Wednesday, November 23, 2011

23

Today I am thankful for Damon.

I searched high and low for my husband. I dated guys that were no good for me, for too long, and I knew it. I got my hear broken and always wondered if there was really going to be somebody for me, or if there was, if he'd be like all the others and I'd just have to settle if I wanted a family...

I don't think I got lucky, I think I just got reminded. That Heavenly Father knows me, knows my needs/wants, and knows my life. He knows me because I am His child, and because this life of mine is a tiny page of an endless book, one that He wrote.

I was reminded that He was in charge because he sent me somebody who I needed, and who I in return could fulfill.

Somebody who didn't want to change me, who knew that I (along with everything else) had a few downfalls. More than a few maybe. But he knew that and he wanted me and them and we make it work well.

Better than well sometimes, worse than well every once in a while, but we always get back to good.

He is the best man I could have ever dreamed of. He is patient and kind and loving to me always, which I never really comprehend. I don't know how he does it. But I know I love him, forever and every part of him.

And I appreciate that he lets me be me, even if it's not always ideal.

I love this guy.

No comments:

i see you too...