Wednesday, January 26, 2011

On Jason Mraz and Marriage.

Every once in a while I check out Jason Mraz' blog, I don't know why, probably cause I'm just bored and he's an interesting read.  He's a super strange little man, but I sure love his music.

Apparently Jason was once addicted to Pibb also.  Now he only drinks filtered water in his pretty little metal water bottles with designs on them, made to make the owner feel like they are doing their part in ridding the world of toxic plastic bottles and helping reduce the waste going into landfills.  If nothing else, they are nice until you put drink in them and they freeze your hands or you accidentally leave a drink in them and then they are ruined forever cause the smell stain never comes out.

Anyway.

He's engaged and stuff (to Tristan Prettyman, which is cool and I like her music) and has this whole schpeal about them and their cosmic ties to the number 23... their birthdays, the day they met, the day he proposed, with a 2.3 carat ring including 46 diamonds- 23 for both him and her... and how they want to get married in 2.3 years blah blah blah.  Weird.

But apparently they won't get married until it's legal for ALL to marry.  You know, they are like, the new Brangelina, all into that stuff.

To me, it sounds like a cop out on marriage.  I mean, why put a ring on it if you aren't ready to get married now?  They are jumping on this ridiculous celeb bandwagon (along with Stephanie from full house, they just announced the same intention) putting the life "you can't wait to begin with So-and-So" on hold until this whole thing happens, or doesn't happen...  I guess if you are already living together and intimate together, it really doesn't matter though. I guess postponing your wedding like this is one way to avoid a divorce a couple years (or less) down the road.  My bet is that 2 of these 3 couples will be off before marriage is legal for everybody.

Why would you want to postpone this?



In other music.  I've been obsessed with this song for like 2 years now. I don't know why I love it so much, I just do.  1:30, 3:04, my heart stops...

1 comment:

Jennifer Karyn said...

Amen! I didn't know he had a blog, but after you writing this I'm not too sure I'm interested...

i see you too...