Wednesday, September 10, 2008

 ”If you are lonely, please know you can find comfort. If you are discouraged, please know you can find hope. If you are poor in spirit, please know you can be strengthened. If you feel you are broken, please know you can be mended.” -Jeffrey R. Holland, “Broken Things to Mend,” April 2006 General Conference

and this one

“I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears; behold, I will heal thee.”
2 Kings 20:5

sometimes it's hard not to sit and wonder why crappy things happen, why crappy people happen, why we don't get what we want (ok, i shouldn't drag more faithful people into this- why I don't get what I want...). and then all it takes is the perspective of another. a sweet friend who's lost so much more than me and yet manages to live her life with an incredible eternal perspective that brings such peace in times of the greatest sorrow that might be experienced in a life. Or it takes a incredible CES fireside this past Sunday, by Elder Holland and remembering one who endured so much because he saw a more glorious end than any other man ever could have imagined. Can I make my 'jail' into a 'temple'? Could I have the strength to turn extreme mourning into extreme faith and peace and happiness? Something to work on, surely...


Sometimes things need to get worse before they can get better.

i don't usually preach from my blog (whatever happened to this being for my pictures?), and hopefully this post isn't too preachy for anybody, but i'm so grateful for an eternal perspective that sometimes i forget to remember.

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. the Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers"
-Gordon B. Hinckley

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Elder Holland's talk in April 2006 was amazing...couldn't have come at a better time for me. I hope you are doing well. I enjoy your blog, and your pictures...I've decided you can take the pictures for my album...if you want. Let's see each other sometime soon, eh?

i see you too...