Saturday, May 10, 2008

Long crazy week...

It's Saturday (though I only logged about 20 hours of work this week between assisting and nannying, so it's not like it's been miserable) finally, now I get to play! haha...

Monday was Cinco De Mayo.. Being the Mexican that I am, and adoring my culture, I celebrated by topping off a shopping trip with my sweet roomates to Costco with a trip to Los Hermanos. Not the best mexican food ever- I would have been in heaven if I'd been home and at Chuy's or some little dive of a Mexican place anywhere in Texas, really... It was good, fun, I had a tamale, horchata, fried ice cream, everything was pretty right.

The next day I worked 10 hours straight without a lunch break. That was the last time I'll work with that dentist again. Yuck! 7 boys moved in next door. Hopefully they will be as fun as the boys in the past. Word is still out.

Had J-Dawgs for lunch with Austin, Neil, Noelle, Mel, and another boy that I cant remember but who was very tall and had great red hair. I love J-Dawgs more than 98% of the restaraunts around here. Wednesday night our "Say no to Olive Garden" group went to a new pizza place in Orem. It was amazing, nice intimate classy place (our group of 18 or so was a little big for them- we had to lose 4 to another table, sad...) and their homeade ricotta cheese was to die for. The fact that there was a pool of olive oil instead of grease on top of the pizza was comforting. I left my leftovers in the boys' fridge, I'm still pretty sad about that.

Thursday my friend Danny let me tag along and watch his amazing photography skills while he took pictures for a catalogue and I just played with my camera (**** THIS WEEKS PURCHASE- NEW FLASH***). We traveled up to the Provo Castle and to the Lake where we smelled vinegar and I threw a rock at him. I attempted to run with Catherine, she is way better than me and I have no endurance... There is talk of a half marathon.... I don't know if I can do that, it's about 10 miles more than I've ever done and about 11 miles past my capabilities.

Yesterday, I took some pictures for Chelsey and Morgan, they liked a few of them, so maybe I'm not a lost cause. Thank goodness for having a good camera. and last night we went to a "beer and babes" birthday party... sans beer. plus crepes. which were excellent and mine were more like burritos, but I don't like to skimp on toppings. played a little rock band there, drew a picture of an octopus, and later Catherine and I watched Juno with those boys that were and always are at her house. fun fun fun.

So now I am going to try to go to the gym, get a yummy salad from kneaders to celebrate my first engagement shoot, and then edit some pictures, pick up a couple of mountain bikes for our excursion monday morning (which I had a dream about last night, it went well) and who knows what. Unfortunately the roomies are gone till tomorrow night. I hate being alone in this house. It's just creepy. This time though I won't watch Sweeny Todd at midnight and then end up having to go sleep at Jake's house. I'm a big girl, I can do this. Sorry this was so long, I never do the day-by-day play, but there was a lot of stuff this week and I'm gonna put in some pics too. Hi mom and dad and jake and pam!!!

So at the lake, sometimes the fish jump out of the water and they land on the docks, where the seagulls make things pretty miserable for them...


Drove down to Palmyra (all farmland) and saw lots of horses... my finger may or may not be in this picture....


Danny, doing his thing with his way cool camera at the Provo Castle


Some of the engagement shots I got... These are all out takes except for I think they liked the last one...





No comments:

i see you too...