Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Conference Call

This conference I have been watching eager for guidance...

This is not easy to do with a 7 month old who loves to hear himself scream.


(Ellis 'watching' conference yesterday and today)




I just wonder if I am progressing well enough, I know I am not doing as much as I should to be growing spiritually, and I need guidance on how to get back into that.  It's funny the things that fall to the wayside when you start getting busy with a child, usually the things that you need most to guide you in raising and loving that little being.

I've made some goals to help me move back into the direction that I've wandered from just a tad... I need to read the Book of Mormon again. It's been too long since I've read it cover to cover, and too long since I last started it in hopes of finishing.

"Scriptures are like packets of light, that illuminate our minds, and give place to guidance and inspiration from upon high. They can become the key to open the channel of communion with Father in heaven and His son Jesus Christ.  The scriptures provide the strength of authority to our declarations when they are cited correctly. they can become stalwart friends that are not limited by geography or calendar. They are always available when needed. Their use provides a foundation of truth that can be awakened by the Holy Ghost. Learnign and pondering, searching and memorizing scriptures is like filling a filing cabinet with friends, values and truth that can be called upon at any time and anywhere in the world. ... To memorize a scripture is to forge a new friendship... like discovering a new individual who can help in time of need give inspiration and comfort and be a source of motivation for needed change."  
-Elder Richard G Scott (saturday morning session)

It's time for me to make time for the most important things. And for me right now that includes setting aside time for daily scripture study.  I am hoping to finish the Book of Mormon in the month of October... If I can spend time during my day wandering around the internet, I can devote more of that time to reading this most important book.  If you would care to join me, let me know!  I will try to be posting about my reading every few days at the bottom of regular posts, or in posts on their own, letting you know blessings that are entering my life specifically from this undertaking.  I know they will come, because they are promised.

“Without reservation I promise you that if each of you will observe this simple program, regardless of how many times you previously may have read the Book of Mormon, there will come into your lives and into your homes an added measure of the Spirit of the Lord, a strengthened resolution to walk in obedience to His commandments, and a stronger testimony of the living reality of the Son of God” 
-President Gordon B Hinckley


I could use those blessings in my life...


If you would like to read the Book of Mormon and want a copy to keep, I would love to send you one, no strings attached!  Email me at tarasalinas@gmail.com if so!





"Its appeal is as timeless as truth, as universal as mankind. It is the only book that contains within its covers a promise that by divine power the reader may know with certainty of its truth."  -President Gordon B Hinckley



Want to see on of my favorite parts of Conference so far this weekend?  You can skip to 2:40 in this.  

the Provo Tabernacle (I used to live with Jenn about a block and a half away from the tabernacle)

last spring

a painting found in the tabernacle

new temple artist rendering: 

1 comment:

Mary said...

Tara - I just wanted to thank you for your posts about General Conference. They were definitely a springboard for me as I thought about the weekend and what I needed to get from it.

Your Ellis is so cute! I'm a sucker for red hair. :)

i see you too...