Friday, December 3, 2010

elephant dude

After seeing about 10,000 cute prints on etsy that I wanted for the nursery, I decided I'd have to take matters into my own hand if we didn't want to completely break the bank on this room.  So far we've done everything on a pretty steep budget, buying and refinishing a craigslist dresser (which turned out awesome) and using stuff we had and hopefully some crafty skills to make decorations.  Today I decided to finally sit down and paint something for the room.  I'd gotten stuff on sale at Hobby Lobby (and then used their 40% off one item coupons on top of that) to craft with- canvases and acrylic paint and brushes and such.

This is what I painted today, I love it so... Our 'nursery' colors are gray and yellow (goldy/mustardy yellow, not pastel) and deep blue, so this painting fit perfect.  I have lots more that I plan to make, and luckily with Damon completely swamped with school the next 2 weeks before break, I've got plenty of time on my hands to get stuff like this done!


(it's a little dark cause I took it with my phone...)

Can't wait to show you my next one!  It's gonna have an owl in it!

3 comments:

cHelsEy N mOrgAN said...

this is way cute! i wanna see the dresser you finished!!!

Helena said...

You painted that??? Amazing. I love your nursery already.

Barrett Family said...

Your painting is SOOOOO impressive! I was super amazed when I saw it last night. I have been out of the blogging world for a bit, so I've been reading all your updates. Damon's beard is pretty incredible! Brandon had explained it to me, but words could not do it justice :-)!!! Wish I had witnessed that in person! Impressive!!!!

i see you too...