Monday, August 23, 2010

things i'm supposed to be doing

grocery shopping (i'm still making a list. i did find a recipe for kneader's poppy seed dressing, so i feel good now)


calling the stupid insurance stuff. they are ignoring me. meanwhile i am 15 weeks pregnant and as of next week uninsured. awesome. our #1 option at this point: an unassisted childbirth.  i warn you that youtubing 'unassisted childbirth' can have less than appealing results. 


editing pictures. there are a few thousands. catherine's are at the top of the list since she's trying to release her ep and that's somewhat dependent on having some album art/promo shots, followed by a wedding and engagement session. my goal is to get all of them done in 3 days. we'll see how that goes.


calling about some random bills that i got that apparently weren't sent to my insurance. i was pretty annoyed when i found out all that they had drawn blood for last month. besides a normal prenatal panel, they drew 3 more vials: gonorrhea, hiv, and hepatitis. for serious? i paid for (though hopefully my insurance will have actually covered all this and i just got a premature 'bill') them to tell me i don't have an std? uh, yeah, i kinda figured that when i you know, saved myself for marriage, as did my husband? sheesh, what a waste. note to self, always find out what your blood is being drawn for. dumb on my part. 




well, instead, i am filling a shopping cart at bn.com. my dad is leaving the company after like a decade and i gotta work that employee discount while i can. my picks?


  Ina May's Guide to Childbirth


  Hypnobirthing: the Mongan Method


  Mastering the Art of French Cooking


ok, so unassisted is probably not my preferred way (though i may not have a choice if i'm uninsured, haha) but natural definitely is. i have my reasons and don't diss on those who had epi's and c-sections, i'm just not a huge fan of all the intervention on the part of hospitals and doctors on something that women have been doing for a gajillion years. i'd like to have the say in how my child enters this world, so we'll see how that goes.  


i watched Ratatouille one night in provo last week, and loved it so much, i decided i needed to learn french cooking. that and the julie and julia movie. 


i'm starving. i think i'll eat some hamburger helper without the hamburger. 


until next time, peace out, and in the meantime, wear your seatbelts.




1 comment:

Helena said...

Ugh, I hate it when doctors do things without telling you. I was screened for STD's last year (even though the odds of me having one were the same as yours) and when I got the results in the mail, I was all "Good news Kurt! We don't have Gonorrhea. I guess we don't have to worry about THAT anymore."

I hope you don't have to do the unassisted thing. But hey, it would make for an exciting blog post.

And finally, I love that video.

i see you too...