Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Swimming in December

You heard me.
Tomorrow playgroup is going swimming. Somebody lives somewhere with an indoor pool, so I think Ellis would really like it.
I guess I would like it.
Sometimes playgroup is weird to me because I don't have a kid who plays. Unless I want to follow Ellis around the playground whilst he ingests rocks and trash off the ground, I have to hold him.
Which, holding a 9 month old isn't really fun?
So I am usually ok that playgroup falls during Ellis' morning nap most Wednesdays.
But I figured we need more to get us out of the house than Trader Joe's, so why not?

I go home to Texas in like 5 days or something, I am so excited. Warm weather!
And then we go to Spokane for Christmas. Cold weather! Also, there will be 14 people staying in the house over Chrismtas. Spread out among 6 rooms. So, cool. Should be pretty awesome, except if Ellis never gets in good naps, I will probably go nuts. I can't wait for Christmas.

I hate saying nothing exciting is happening in my life, because really, life as a stay-at-home mom is not all that exciting. Usually. I generally am fine with that, but sometimes I wish I was somewhere cool, like NYC, or Provo. In NYC I would walk everywhere and see the sights and take Ellis to museums and cool restaurants and such. In Provo, I would take him into the mountains, up and down center street, to the Bean museum, and all over campus.

In Iowa, you have to drive everywhere. There aren't any museums close by. What to you do in Des Moines? I just don't know.

I am going to try to start using my camera again. Like, with the real 50 mm lens. My phone camera sucks, and I suck at documenting Ellis' everyday life. Sigh. This weather gets me everytime.

This post didn't mean anything. Sorry.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My older sister lives in Des Moines...I'll have to ask her how she keeps her three kiddos busy!

Jennifer Karyn said...

Does he smile every time he sees a camera? so dang cute.

i see you too...